Congregation Beth Adam established in 1994, is affiliated with the Society of Humanistic Judaism. Beth Adam provides a home for families in the South Florida area for Shabbat and High Holiday Services, Passover Seder, life cycle events, adult education programs and for the children to attend The Children's Education Program.
We focus on self-empowerment with pride in our Jewish heritage, culture and traditions and respect for all people. Social Action is also and important component of Beth Adam illustrated by the participation in a variety of local agencies. We publish a monthly newsletter, have a Video Club, Contemporary Lecture Series, and maintain a small library.
Humanistic Jews Affirm That
- A Jew is someone who identifies with the history, culture and future of the Jewish people.
- Jewish identity is best preserved in a free, pluralistic environment.
- Jewish history is a human saga, a testament to the significance of human power and human responsibility.
- Judaism is the historic culture of the Jewish people.
- We possess the power and responsibility to shape our own lives independent of supernatural authority.
- Ethics and morality should serve human needs
- The freedom and dignity of the Jewish people must go hand in hand with the freedom and dignity of every human being.
BJ Saul is a founding member of Congregation Beth Adam. She completed the Leadership program from the International Institute for Secular Humanistic Judaism (IISHJ) earning the title of Leader/Madrikh(a)/Vegvayzer, a Jewish professional who serves as a community guide, ceremonial officiant, philosophic counselor, educator, and movement spokesperson. She is certified by the IISHJ as a recognized leader in the movement with all the rights and responsibilities of clergy.
BJ founded CBA's Children's Education Program and is the Director of Education supervising teachers and developing curriculum. BJ Saul, MS CCC-SLP is a retired Speech-Language Pathologist from the School District of Palm Beach County. Originally from Chicago, Illinois she has lived in Florida since 1993. She and her husband raised 2 children. She currently serves on the Board of Directors as a Member at Large for the Humanists of Florida Association.
After discovering the philosophy of Humanistic Judaism, BJ knew it was a perfect fit for her belief system. Meeting Rabbi Wine and other leaders of the movement solidified her commitment.
BJ Saul, Madrikha leads Congregation Beth Adam's services. She creates and updates liturgy and assists in planning congregational programming. She is available to officiate life cycle events including baby naming, weddings/unions, Bar and Bat Mitzvahs, and funeral/memorial services.
Community Shabbat Celebration
Friday Dec. 15, 2023
at 7 PM
Members In-Home Shabbat Discussion
Friday Dec. 1, 2023
at 7 PM
Eat and Schmooze
Sunday Dec. 17, 2023.
at 5:30 PM